By Zoe Routh
The last eight weeks have been especially on tender hooks as the cold dark spectre of cancer emerged once again in my life. A regular check up turned in to surgery and biopsies, and the weeks of waiting for a followup test. The upshot? I have a clean bill of health! Whatever was there in my system is now gone.
It’s a tremendous reminder – NOTHING else matters as much as your health. You can’t enjoy living if you’re dead.
Kind of makes the recession, the stock market, elections, a few extra pounds pale in comparison.
If you wake up breathing and above ground, then it’s a good day my friends.
The rest is just an adventure.
But even though I’ve been through a harrowing cancer experience, sometimes I too forget that worrying serves no purpose, and that really, in the big scheme of things, a bad day is still a GOOD day if you get to eat your Wheaties for breakfast and watch the birds chirp.
To celebrate, and as a timely reminder to myself, I give you my Top Ten Power Thoughts for EASY Living – just in case you were tempted to worry or whine about anything.
Here are my favourite Power Thoughts to get me back on track if I ever I slip in to cranky pants:
1. There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way. – His Holiness, the Dalai Lama
2. Life is for LIVING – live your inspired life.
3. If it feels like hard work, stop trying so hard. Give up – it’s much easier.
4. If a rose bush can create a rose out of dirt, water, and air, then anything is possible.
5. The Divine is in everyone and everything. Even boogers and worms.
6. The best part of me is not my waist size or bosom (though I do have a nice cleavage!), but the part of me people love to hug – my soul.
7. If I died tomorrow, living this life would have been worth the trip.
8. God must like us a lot if she gave us sunsets, chocolate, and kittens.
9. I am enough.
10. To love without expectation is the sweetest gift.
Success Coach for Business Leaders Zoe Routh helps business owners create an unstoppable success mindset that delivers results to the bottom line. Zoe has paddled 30 weeks by canoe, run 6 marathons, hiked hundreds of kilometres in Australia’s outback, belly danced at festivals, written a book, survived cancer, married a fair dinkum Aussie bloke, and wrestled a 6 meter crocodile. It’s all true, except for the crocodile part. Claim your FREE MINDSET SUCCESS STARTER KIT now at http://www.innercompass.com.au.